Tourist information of Barcelona & Spanish regions
Location of the city of Barcelona in Spain
The holiday flats in Barcelona are very well prepared for the client.
Barcelona, capital of Catalonia, north of Spain, 166 km from the border with France and 120 km south of the Pyrenees. In Barcelona you can enjoy a pleasant climate most of the year, but the best weather is in late July, September is also a good month.
General Information about the city:
- Autonomous Community : Catalonia
- Capital: Barcelona
- Region: Barcelona
- Area: 101.4 km ²
- Population: 1,595,110 hab. (INE 2007)
- Density: 15,730.87 inhabitants / km ²
- Gentile: In Castilian: Barcelonés / s and in Catalan: Barceloní / nina
- Official languages: Catalan and Castilian or Spanish
- Mayor (2007): Jordi Hereu Boher (PSC)
- Official Holidays: La Merce in September, San Juan in June
- Telephone: 93
- Website: www.bcn.es
Temperatures are warmer in summer and mild in winter. Catalan is the official language of Catalonia, but the Castilian is spoken by the population. Castilian and Catalan in Barcelona coexist in a bilingual situation similar to that found in other parts of the world.
Historic Center and Las RamblasOne of the most attractive and concurrency places are Las Ramblas, Paseo located between the Plaza Catalunya, the city center and the Old Port.
In the historical center, very near Las Ramblas, the Cathedral stands out, the Plaza de San Jaime which their buildings host the Generalitat of Catalonia and Barcelona City Council, and both lanes of the Gothic Quarter, the Raval and Borne .